Learning how to relax is a skill you need to practice. Read about these stress relief methods so can have better control of your mind and body!
RELATED: Meditation and Your Brain: Turning In For The Better
In this article:
How to Relax to Relieve Stress and Anxiety
Natural Ways to Relax Your Mind and Body
Ever had a hard time falling asleep, getting a good night’s sleep, or just relaxing after a stressful day at work? Well, friend, there are some hacks to help you get there.
It’s meditation, yes, but even more. Body chemistry heavily influences how you relax and sleep.
Certain herbs and nutrients supply your chemistry with the molecules it needs to calm down and relax when your body is tense. Mind-body techniques are also very powerful, helping your body to self-adjust to relaxation mode.
A Super Short Cut
Access technology is so profound that it will quickly transport you to brainwave states otherwise achieved only by many years of long daily meditations. The Urban Monk Audio Series has four tracks of various lengths that help you achieve the ideal type of relaxed state you are seeking for a given situation.
What is so powerful about these audio tracks is they incorporate Holosync® technology that synchronizes (balances) the hemispheres of the brain. Audio tones are delivered along with pleasant sounds of nature and music to improve brain function.
Over 20 years of research has gone into perfecting this technology, and over a million people in 193 countries around the world use this.
Here are the four tracks that can help you learn how to relax and reduce stress and anxiety:
- Zen – This track helps put you into the alpha state, a deep meditative state helping to bring you clarity by reducing your stress.
- Focus – A track to use when you want to study or do some other mentally active task while remaining calm but also alert and on-point.
- Deep Sleep – Use this track along with a deep breathing exercise to teach yourself how to fall asleep easily.
- Reboot – Feel refreshed for a moment when you need to take a 20-minute break to refocus and recharge.
The Urban Monk Audio Series is a user-friendly and affordable stress reduction method.
RELATED: Tired of Being Tired? 7 Ways To Start Your Engine!
Your body chemistry controls how you feel to a large degree. Neurotransmitters, vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and phytonutrients all play critical roles in your ability to relax, to rest, to focus, and to sleep. These can also help you relax your muscles, shoulders, and neck, which greatly affects your physical condition.
Deficiencies and imbalances can be corrected with nutritional supplementation for “smooth sailing” of your nervous system.
Urban Monk Relax & Unwind supplement is soothing blends of many natural, non-addictive ingredients:
- Calming botanicals include valerian, passion flower, lemon balm, ashwagandha, and chamomile that help you relax your body and achieve a restful sleep, leaving you refreshed in the morning.
- PharmaGABA™ is a natural form of the inhibitory neurotransmitter gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) that calms your nervous system.
- L-theanine is a naturally-occurring amino acid that has shown excellent results in scientific sleep studies.
- Melatonin is a human hormone that controls your internal clock (sleep/wake cycles). It typically declines with age yet is critical to good quality sleep.
- 5-hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP) is a precursor to serotonin, a neurotransmitter that controls sleep cycles, pain perception, and mood.
- Pyridoxal-5-phosphate is the active form of vitamin B6 that helps convert 5-HTP to serotonin among other critical functions.
- Other supportive vitamins include vitamin C, riboflavin (vitamin B2), vitamin B12 (in the important methyl form), and pantothenic acid.
- Magnesium is a calming mineral and is in the highly-bioavailable form of di-magnesium malate.
Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid (GABA) Definition: A neurotransmitter that stops impulses between brain nerve cells, which may provide a relaxing effect and enhance mood.
Learning how to relax properly all depends on the method you are using and whether it effectively provides relaxing effects on both your mind and body. You can get the best relaxation and stress relief with our audio tracks and supplements.
There are so many benefits to achieving relaxation such as lowered blood pressure, a healthy heart rate, and the reduction of stress hormones in your body. In turn, this will help you feel more energized to engage in physical activity for further improved health. Not to mention, you’ll enjoy life more, too!
Urban Monk Relax & Unwind is best used before sleep time to help you get your zzz’s, and Zen Mind (Water) can be used in the morning to keep you calm and focused during the day.
- Learn To Make Your Brain Better
- Meditation Momentum With Walking
- Sodium Solutions For Your Salt Cravings
Sources for this article:
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published on May 31, 2017, and has been updated for quality and relevancy.