When it comes to healthy eating, sometimes we need all the help we can get. Preparing delicious and healthy meals can get a little easier with these 10 tools and gadgets.
1. Vegetable Spiralizer – No pasta, no problem! This handy spiralizer cuts fruit and vegetables into thin spirals or “noodles.” The veggies can be tossed in salads and eaten cold or warmed in a pan and dressed in olive oil or sauce and eaten as a pasta dish.
2. Food Dehydrator – The possibilities are endless with a food dehydrator. You can dry your own fruit, veggies and nuts or make beef jerky, fruit leather and granola. Using a dehydrator cuts out the chore of heating up the entire oven and it’s more energy-efficient too.
3. Infusion Water Pitcher – Kick your sugary drink addiction with an infusion water pitcher. A hollow rod, which can be filled with fruit, herbs or citrus, inserts in the center of the pitcher, infusing its flavors into your water or iced tea.
4. WonderTop Food Preparation Area – Keeping your prep area safe is just as important as keeping your meal healthy. The WonderTop Food Preparation Area snaps snuggly to your countertop and is made of commercial-grade stainless steel. Use it to prep raw meat and then put it in the dishwasher to keep your cooking space germ-free.
5. Yonanas Elite – You can have your ice cream and eat it too with the Yonanas Elite. This frozen treat maker turns bananas into creamy cold desserts and berries and mangos into cool sorbets. The desserts taste great, have less fat than normal ice cream and use only natural sugar. And no high-fructose corn syrup!
6. Jokari Portion Control Dressing Lid – Salads are a healthy meal choice, but tossing said salad in too much fattening dressing might be harming your diet. The Jokari Portion Control Dressing Lid makes sure you use a healthy amount, every time. The lid attaches to standard dressing bottles and measures out a precise 2 tablespoons.
7. The Orange Chef Prep Pad – This smart scale can help you meet your diet goals by weighing and measuring your ingredients. Designed to work with the Countertop app. The scale can save and remember your recipes and give you a calorie count and nutritional information.
8. Oil Mister – Cooking with oil isn’t easy to avoid, but you can make sure you use the proper amount with an oil mister. Whether you’re dressing a salad or coating a pan, a mister will make sure you use a healthy portion that gets distributed evenly.
9. Hand Held Chopper – With all the washing, peeling and chopping, prepping veggies can be time consuming. But don’t reach for that frozen burrito just yet. One of these handy choppers can cut your veggie prep time in half. They are also a good way to keep onions, garlic or spicy chilies that can irritate our hands and eyes at bay. You can even get fancy cuts with julienne blades and attachments.
10. Cold Press Juicer – Juicing isn’t exactly a new trend but cold press juicing has become popularized in the past few years. Slow masticating units crush food and then chew it to squeeze every last drop from everything from bananas and berries to veggies, greens and even nuts and soybeans. It makes for more juice, less waste and a deliciously fresh taste.