Table of Contents[Hide][Show]
- Why You Should Do a 10-Day Green Smoothie Cleanse
- Day 1: Green Protein Detox Smoothie
- Day 2: Glow Inside Out Detox Smoothie
- What Is Oxidative Stress and How Is It Affecting You?
- Day 3: Kale and Apple Green Detox Smoothie
- Day 4: Green Super Smoothie
- Day 5: Gut-Friendly Smoothie
- Day 6: Fruit-Free Keto Green Smoothie with Hemp Protein
- Day 7: Ginger-Mint Detox Smoothie
- Day 8: Cucumber Parsley Smoothie
- Day 9: Deep Green Liver Detox
- Low Energy? Consider A Liver Detox Diet Plan
- Day 10: Avocado Detox Smoothie
- BONUS! Day 11: Green Smoothie Bowl with Chia Seeds
- 12 Tips For Detoxing the Body
- The Deep Breathing Detox: Could Better Breathing Lead to Better Health?
- Milk Thistle Detox For Heavy Metals, Chemotherapy, And Radiation
Why You Should Do a 10-Day Green Smoothie Cleanse
Before you challenge yourself to more than a week of a green smoothie cleanse, know why it may be ideal or necessary.
Detoxification is a biological process of removing “debris” or toxins in the body. These may refer to old cells, excess salt and water, and some viruses or bacteria.
The body can detox on its own. Urine, poop, and sweat are some examples of how the body detoxes.
Sometimes, though, the organs responsible for detoxification and elimination may need some help. Factors such as diet, lifestyle, and age can affect their function.
A green smoothie cleanse supports these organs and their functions. This way, they can perform to their optimal levels that may result in positive health changes, such as:
- Better mood
- More energy
- Clearer skin
- Improved digestion
A green smoothie cleanse for weight loss is also possible since you can cut back on calories and consume more whole foods in your diet.
Doing the cleanse won’t provide you with a miracle cure, but it can give the reset your body needs to function better.
10-Day Green Smoothie Cleanse Recipes
Are you ready to try the different green smoothie cleanse recipes? All you need to do is to put all the ingredients into a blender, mix them all together until they become more liquid, and voila, you have a detox smoothie. Plus these smoothies only take 5 minutes or less to make!
Day 1: Green Protein Detox Smoothie
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 banana
- 2 cups mixed greens like kale, chard, and spinach
Greens are good and so is protein. Why not mix them up and start your 10-day green smoothie cleanse the right way?
This green protein detox recipe does not only make for a perfect first-day smoothie, but it also boosts your energy so you can power through the day.
Protein from almond milk and almond butter can help boost your metabolism. It can also slow down food digestion, making you feel full for longer hours.
Day 2: Glow Inside Out Detox Smoothie
- A piece of kiwi
- 1 medium-sized banana
- 1/4 cup pineapple
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 cup of water
- 2 cups spinach
Have glowing skin with this green smoothie recipe! Celery, for example, is an excellent source of antioxidants, which scavenge free radicals that damage the cells.
Day 3: Kale and Apple Green Detox Smoothie
- 2/3 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 3/4 cup ice
- 1 1/2 cups kale
- A stalk of celery
- 1/2 apple
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp honey (optional)
Kale is also called a “superfood” as it is one of the most nutritious plants you can eat. Besides being rich in vitamins C and K, kale has sulforaphane (SFN) that may help prevent the formation of cancer cells.
Day 4: Green Super Smoothie
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- Half of an avocado
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 cup raw spinach
It’s time to add healthy fats! Coconut oil reduces cholesterol levels and insulin sensitivity and boosts brain health.
This green super smoothie also has medium-chain fatty acids (MCT), which provides energy fuel and fatty acids with antimicrobial activity.
Day 5: Gut-Friendly Smoothie
- 1 cup kale or lettuce
- 1/2 cup cooked squash, mashed or pureed
- A cup of milk of your choice
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseeds or 2 tsp ground chia seeds
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger, ground or 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 15 to 25 drops of natural sweetener
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds, raw and shelled
- 2 to 3 tsp squeezed lime juice, to taste
- 1/2 cup ice (optional)
Keep your gut in check by loading up on fiber-rich seeds and ginger, which decreases inflammation in the colon lining.
Day 6: Fruit-Free Keto Green Smoothie with Hemp Protein
- 1 1/2 cup water or unsweetened almond milk
- 2-3 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp alcohol-free vanilla extract
- A scoop of hemp protein powder
- ½ medium-sized avocado
- 1 cup raw baby spinach
- 4 ice cubes
Go healthy keto today, thanks to hemp. It is one of the few vegetables that is a complete protein source, which means it has all the essential amino acids your body needs.
Day 7: Ginger-Mint Detox Smoothie
- 1 cucumber, peeled
- 6-8 leaves romaine lettuce
- 1 cup of coconut water, chilled
- A fresh lime, squeezed
- An inch fresh ginger
- 1 bunch fresh mint leaves
Day 8: Cucumber Parsley Smoothie
- 1 cucumber
- 1 stalk celery
- A lemon
- A handful of parsley
- 6 mint leaves
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- A small amount of water
This smoothie helps control appetite and curbs food cravings. It aids in cleansing the liver, diminishing the appearance of wrinkles, and removing different toxins like pesticides and heavy metals in the body.
Day 9: Deep Green Liver Detox
- 1/2 cucumber
- 2 cups kale
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 cup Swiss chard
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
Give your liver some love today! Swiss chard, for example, contains syringic acid, which prevents the degeneration of the organ.
Day 10: Avocado Detox Smoothie
- 1 1/2 cup apple juice
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 medium-sized apple
- 1/2 avocado
You are almost done with your 10-day green smoothie cleanse challenge! An avocado detox smoothie to improve your cardiovascular health is a great way to wrap up a fulfilling detox week.
BONUS! Day 11: Green Smoothie Bowl with Chia Seeds
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and cut in cubes
- A cup of coconut water
- 1 small cucumber, cut in cubes
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves
- Small bunch fresh parsley
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- A lime, squeezed
- 1 tbsp unsweetened coconut
- 1 tbsp almond flakes
Savor the goodness of this rich and creamy green smoothie cleanse recipe loaded with minerals, antioxidants, and chlorophyll. Nourish your body’s cells and oxygenate your liver cells for a more natural cell detox.
Begin your green smoothie cleanse day 1 as soon as possible! Take five minutes of your daily meal prep and hit that health target without sweating.
Use these smoothies as a replacement for one of your meals or consume them as green smoothie cleanse snack.
You can also optimize the recipes’ benefits with nourishing supplements like Alkaline Greens. Use the code WELL20 for 20% off.
Either way, these recipes can help reset your body so it becomes a well-oiled machine once again.
You May Also Like…