Dr. Kellyann Petrucci is a weight-loss and natural anti-aging transformation expert with over 20 years of clinical experience. She joins Pedram Shojai and Tami Meraglia on this episode of the Health Bridge to discuss why bone broth is so darn good for us. Bone Broth is nothing new, but this powerful elixir is still unknown to a lot of people. Dr. Petrucci has been touting its benefits for years with her patients and she has been using it personally as well. It’s her go to drink for healing, wellness, anti-aging and weight loss.
Making bone broth is easy! Bone broth is really a hybrid of broth and stock. Bone broth is made by simmering animal bones (chicken, turkey or beef) for a very long period of time (usually 8-24 hours). The purpose of this is to extract the gelatin from collagen-rich joints and to release the nutritious minerals.
Here are some benefits according to Dr. Petrucci…
- It fills you up—without adding pounds. Bone broth and bone-broth soups are rich, complex, hearty, and soul-satisfying. It has virtually zero carbs and few calories, so you can indulge even when you’re fasting.
- It’s packed with collagen. Collagen helps your body burn fat and form lean muscle mass, shaping your arms, legs, and core.
- It detoxifies your body. The amino acids, glycine and proline, aids your liver in removing toxins from your body.
- It heals your gut. Helps your digestive system by battling problems like —constipation, diarrhea, and gas. The gelatin and other nutrients in bone broth help to heal the gut, curing digestive problems and facilitate weight loss.
- It supplies you with easy to absorb essential minerals. Including Calcium, magnesium, and phosphorus.
- It aids digestion. Bone broth is hydrophilic—it attracts and holds liquids, like digestive juices. This is another reason why it helps you digest food more efficiently.
- It heals your joints. Bone broth gives you a generous supply of glucosamine, chondroitin, and other glycosaminoglycans (GAGs) that help heal your joints. GAGs also help your body lay down collagen where it’s needed.
- It’s anti-inflammatory. When you heal that inflammation with nutrients like those concentrated in bone broth—including anti-inflammatory proline, glycine, and arginine—your weight starts to fall off.
Got a topic you want Pedram to discuss on the next show? Tell us on our Facebook: http://facebook.com/thehealthbridge
Subscribe to our YouTube channel: /subscribe
Subscribe to the Health Bridge Podcast on iTunes: /healthbridgepodcast